“Food is Art. Art is Life. Life is Good.” – Todd Erickson
Todd Erickson, Executive Chef/Partner of GLAM Vegan Miami, Society Ft. Myers and Huahua’s Taqueria South Beach, is a critically acclaimed culinary professional with more than 10 years of experience garnered at esteemed restaurants around the United States. Erickson’s approach reflects his passion for travel and regional cuisines, and has earned him a following with respected critics and food novices alike. His unique perspective and creative flair displayed in each dish make him the natural choice to spearhead multiple culinary venues showcasing the depth... READ MORE
“Food is Art. Art is Life. Life is Good.” – Todd Erickson
Todd Erickson, Executive Chef/Partner of GLAM Vegan Miami, Society Ft. Myers and Huahua’s Taqueria South Beach, is a critically acclaimed culinary professional with more than 10 years of experience garnered at esteemed restaurants around the United States. Erickson’s approach reflects his passion for travel and regional cuisines, and has earned him a following with respected critics and food novices alike. His unique perspective and creative flair displayed in each dish make him the natural choice to spearhead multiple culinary venues showcasing the depth and breadth of his body of work.
Hailing from Scottsdale, Arizona, Erickson’s passion for the culinary arts developed as a young child while cooking with his mother in their home kitchen. His fascination with the senses that are utilized in the preparation of each meal led Erickson to pursue a career in culinary arts. In 1998, Erickson enrolled at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York.
Upon his graduation in 2001, Erickson moved to Dallas, Texas, as the newly appointed Executive Chef of Hector’s on Henderson. With Erickson at the helm, the Southern-living inspired restaurant was named “Best New Restaurant 2004” by Dallas Morning News and “Top Ten Best New Restaurants of 2004” by Texas Monthly magazine. In 2006, he was offered the position of Executive Chef consultant for Tryst, an American bar and grill. He worked at Tryst for a year before opening his own catering company in 2007. During his time in Texas, he received many accolades, which included recognition from the Dallas Observer as the “Best Chef Under 30” and a “Number One Young Gun Chef” endorsement by D Magazine.
In the spring of 2010, Erickson settled in Miami as opening Executive Sous Chef at Zuma’s first US outpost. In November of 2010, he partnered with Haven Hospitality Concepts to develop Haven Kitchen + Lounge in South Beach. Using his passion for locally inspired and fresh dishes, he created a global small plates menu that featured fresh salads, sliders, skewers, sushi rolls and liquid nitrogen ice creams.
At Haven, Erickson acquired the recognition of notable foodies including Food Network celebrity chefs Ingrid Hoffmann, Ted Allen, Carla Hall, Amanda Freitag and Bobby Flay. Erickson received three out of four stars by The Miami Herald’s Victoria Pesce Elliott and was dubbed a “bright young chef” by Lee Klein of the Miami New Times. In 2012, Haven won the number one spot on Miami New Time’s “Top 5 Gastropubs” list and was included as Restaurant Management’s “20 Hottest New Restaurants.” Together, with Erickson’s culinary expertise and progressive insight, Haven became one of the most evolutionary venues in Miami.
In mid 2013, chef Todd opened Huahua’s Taqueria, a fast casual concept quickly embraced by tourists and locals alike. Huahua’s has been featured on the Cooking Channel series “Taco Trip” with Chef Aaron Sanchez as well as making several appearances on national “Best Of” lists including, Gayot, Zagat, Miami New Times, Miami Herald and Food Network Magazine.
Todd’s most recent ventures include GLAM (Green Living Animals Matter) in the Shops of Midtown Miami. Partnering with long-time vegan and animal advocate, Janette Miller, Erickson has designed a chic, organic, plant-based menu with appeal in and out of vegan circles. Chef Todd also opened Society Fort Myers last fall. Society is a large-scale modern American steakhouse with focus on re-imagined gulf coast favorites as well as his flair for global cuisine.
Todd’s time is currently split between Society in Fort Myers, GLAM in Midtown Miami and Huahua’s Taqueria in Miami Beach.
Some of Erickson’s awards and accolades include:
• ”Beat Bobby Flay” Champion. Food Network – January 2017
• Schwan’s Chef Collective board member – September 2015-present
• Seed Food and Wine Festival “Best Plant Based Burger in America” – November 2015.
• Zagat National “Best Dishes Under $10 in the US” – August 2015.
• GAYOT National “Top Ten Taquerias in the US” – August 2015.
• hare Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation Co-Chair – July 2015.
• Featured on Cooking Channel’s “Taco Trip All Stars” – May 2015.
• Miami Herald’s “South Florida Food 50” honoree – February 2015.
• Miami New Times “Iron Fork Competition” champion – July 2014
• Snail of Approval “Judges Choice” winner – May 2014.
• Featured on the Cooking Channel’s “Taco Trip with Aaron Sanchez” – May 2014.
• “50 States Fifty Tacos. Florida’s Best Taco” – May 2014.
• Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation Co-Chair- 2014.
• Named JetBlue Airways Culinary Ambassador to Lima, Peru – November 2013
• Appointed to Common Threads South Florida Board of Directors – October 2013
• Named “Social Chef of the Year RIZMY” by Restaurant Social Media Index, September 2013
Business Insider “The Sexiest Chefs Alive!” rank 9 of 30 nationally – May 2013
• Slow Foods Snail of Approval Award – March 2013
• Cooking Light Magazine’s “Dazzling & Delicious Award” Presented by Editor Scott Mowbry
– March 2013
• Miami New Times, “Best Gastropub” – 2012
• Food Arts Magazine, “A very creative, unique young chef,” in an interview with culinary personality Ingrid Hoffmann – April 2012
• BlackBook, “His menu is the perfect combination of reckless abandon and an obsessive attention to detail” – March 2012
Erickson resides in Fort Lauderdale, FL.READ LESS