Heberto Eljach is a Colombian chef of Lebanese descent with Colombian Caribbean and Pacific coast heritage.
These three cultures -Lebanese, Caribbean and pacific- left a mark on the chef’s palate and gastronomic memory.
Eljach is the Executive Chef of Casa San Agustín Hotel and Alma Restaurant in Cartagena. He has more than 20 years of experience in the field and has worked with different cuisines and flavors of the world. He has investigated the cuisine of both Colombian coasts. His passion is to rescue, to reinterpret and to create recipes with Colombian ingredients all the while applying both avant-garde and ancestral techniques.
He worked for 14 years with the Sofitel hotel chain at Hotel Santa Clara.
He has worked at restaurants San Francisco, (Italian Cuisine), El Claustro (Colombian and International Cuisine), El Refectorio, (French Cuisine) and restaurant 1621, (Avant-garde French cuisine with a Colombian touch.)
- Industrial Relations Degree (I.A.F.I.C), Personnel Management and Industrial Safety.
- Associates degree in culinary arts, SENA (National Apprenticeship Service)
- Has worked under the command of French, Swiss, Colombian and Mexican chefs.
- Winner of the third Cocina Viva contest, USAPEEC and USA RICE 2017.
- Received training in organic products from the United States Agricultural and Poultry industry, USAPEEC and USA RICE 2017, in Miami Florida.
- Participated and collaborated in the Comete Colombia series by El Gourmet channel, with Chef Federico Trujillo, 2017.
- Participated and collaborated in the Sabores Callejeros series by El Gourmet channel with producer Pepe Marín, 2018.
- Received training at the Gustu Restaurant, in La Paz, Bolivia, by the same creators of the Noma restaurant in Denmark, by René Redzepi and Claus Meyer.
- Colombian Cuisine Festival and four-hands dinner at the Cartesiano Hotel in Puebla Mexico with Chef Antonio Trillo. (2018)
- President of Corporación Caldero Caribe, in Cartagena.
- Sanpellegrino Ambassador, took part in the event for The world’s 50 best restaurants 2018.
- Certified Angus Beef ® Ambassador for Latin America, trained at Certified Angus Beef ® Culinary Center, Wooster, United States, 2019.