– The 18th Annual Edition Will Take Place February 20 – 24, 2019 –
Satisfy the taste buds of friends and family this holiday season and give the gift of tickets to the 18th annual Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival (SOBEWFF®). America’s favorite gourmet gathering on the beach returns to EAT. DRINK. EDUCATE. February 20 – 24, 2019. Benefiting the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University, tickets are on sale now for more than 100 events that will make the perfect stocking stuffer for the passionate gourmand in your life.
- For the social justice advocate:
- Recent Nobel Peace Prize nominee José Andrés will host an evening celebration Taste of Puerto Rico on Thursday, February 21. The ThinkFoodGroup owner, James Beard Award-winning chef, 2017 SOBEWFF® Tribute Dinner honoree, and author of We Fed an Island: The True Story of Rebuilding Puerto Rico, One Meal at a Time (HarperCollins, September 2018) will sweep guests away with his unwavering energy and host a dozen chefs, including a few straight from Puerto Rico, for an evening of savoring authentic cuisine, accented by plenty of wines and libations.
- For the trailblazer with taste:
- The Festival’s annual Tribute Dinner presented by Bank of America part of The NYT Cooking Dinner Series at Loews Miami Beach will honor two pioneers of the food and beverage industry on Saturday, February 23. The acclaimed chef and restaurateur Nancy Silverton and Ferrari-Carano Vineyards and Winery chief executive officer Rhonda Carano will be honored with revered author, editor and former restaurant critic Ruth Reichlserving as the evening’s master of ceremonies. Also on Saturday, February 23, South Florida sensation Paula DaSilva has rounded up five of her female friends for A Siren’s Soirée at Burlock Coast at The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale. This dinner, designed to burst with both flavor and inspiration, is a featured part of the Festival’s CRAVE Greater Fort Lauderdale Series presented by Capital One.
- For the carnivore:
- Aspiring grill maestros won’t want to miss these two opportunities to catch the country’s greatest chefs in action. On Friday, February 22, a record-breaking 40 chefs will battle it out for burger supremacy at the Heineken Light Burger Bash presented by Schweid & Sons® hosted by David Burtka & Neil Patrick Harris. While guests cast their vote for the Heineken Light People’s Choice Award, judges Al Roker, Rev Run, Samantha Schnur (aka @thenaughtyfork), and Roxanne Vargas will decide who will receive this year’s Schweid & Sons The Very Best Burger Award. The next evening, fan-favorite chef, restaurateur and Emmy Award-winning Food Network personality Guy Fieri will host more than 35 top pit masters at the Beachside BBQ presented by The National Pork Board. This meat-filled soirée will be capped off by performances from Cassadee Pope and Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real.
- For the whole family:
- Passionate fans of all ages can indulge in the return of two popular Festival events – Fun and Fit as a Family featuring Goya Foods Kidz Kitchen on Saturday, February 23 & Sunday, February 24, and the Family Ice Cream Social hosted by Buddy Valastro on Sunday, February 24. Additionally, the whole family plus Fido can spend the afternoon at Nulo Pet Food’s Yappie Hour hosted by Katie Lee on Saturday, February 23.
- For the imbiber:
- Spirited beverage enthusiasts can start the party on Thursday, February 21 at Mixing It Up on the Miami River: Best Bars, Bites & Beats hosted by Adam Richman, and continue the streak on Friday, February 22 at the Art of Tiki Cocktail Showdown hosted by Ted Allen. Opportunities to enjoy wine and spirits focused experiences on Saturday, February 23 include the Cocktail-Creating Master Class, Rosé Pool Party hosted by Geoffrey Zakarian and Sunset Spritz Party hosted by Valerie Bertinelli part of the CRAVE Greater Fort Lauderdale Series presented by Capital One. Plus, don’t miss the array of seminars offered all weekend long to enhance one’s beverage knowledge.
- For the deal hunter:
- The Festival offers a variety of events priced at $100 and under, but the brand new addition to this year’s selection includes Mangia! A Taste of Italy After Dark hosted by Marc Murphy on Friday, February 22. Murphy, the highly energetic and charismatic chef and judge from the hit primetime series Chopped on Food Network, will host this late-night soirée in the newly opened Casa Tua Cucina featuring bites from all 10 of their carefully-curated dining stations and plenty of wines and spirits to keep the party going.
A complete line up of 2019 events can be found online at sobewff.org, and by following along with the hashtag #SOBEWFF on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Tickets for the 2019 Festival are available now online at sobewff.org or by calling 877.762.3933 (Phone sales are open Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST). To date, SOBEWFF® has raised more than $28 million for the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at FIU.
Between SOBEWFF® and its sister NYCWFF, which takes place each October in New York City, more than $39 million has been raised to benefit the respective charities for each Festival. Beyond the funds raised, both Festivals draw attention to the vibrant dining culture in their respective cities, provide economic stimulus in their communities, and serve as an invaluable platform to drive awareness, engaging and inspiring people to get involved in philanthropic activities.
About the Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival
EAT. DRINK. EDUCATE. All proceeds from the Festival benefit the students of the Florida International UniversityChaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management who also assist Festival organizers with sponsorship fulfillment, restaurant and exhibitor recruitment, logistics, and inventory as well as working alongside some of the world’s greatest celebrity chefs and winemakers. To date, the Festival has raised more than $28 million for the School. In September 2018, BizBash named the Festival the #1 Food & Restaurant Industry event in the United States for the sixth year in a row.
The Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival is produced by Florida International University and Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits, with the support of the Miami Beach Visitors & Convention Authority and the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs. For more information about the Festival, visit sobewff.org or call 877-762-3933. For more information about Florida International University visit fiu.edu, for the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management visit hospitality.fiu.edu and for more information about Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits visit southernglazers.com.