*As of March 15, 2021
COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols*
These regulations, policies, and protocols will be continually updated and revised in accordance with on -going public health information and official guidance from the CDC, State of Florida Department of Health, Miami-Dade County, City of Miami Beach and Florida International University.
SOBEWFF® has consulted with the FIU Healthcare Committee on COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols that follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), State of Florida Department of Health, Miami-Dade County, and the City of Miami Beach.
SOBEWFF® events will take place in as many outdoor and/or outdoor-rated event venues as possible. The Festival Wine Seminar Series is the only event slated to take place indoors.
- CAPACITIES: Capacities will be reduced at all events and venues to allow for a maximum of 50% or less of venue capacity per current County guidelines—custom to each All capacities will be venue driven and will comply with host hotel, restaurant or outdoor venue capacities; following County guidelines at all times.
- REGISTRATION: Registration and the arrival experience at all event venues will be contactless. Digital ticket scanning and no person-to-person material(s) exchange or transfer will be permitted. Contactless PPE distribution will vary per event/venue and all FIU student volunteers will have a face mask and face shield at all times. Registration team will be wearing facemasks, face shields and gloves while performing scanning duties. Registration team will not have contact with any guest’s paper ticket or with the guest’s mobile phone while scanning. Scanners will be sanitized regularly and only be handled by registration team members. Sanitation of scanning equipment shall be done according to CDC Disinfection Guidelines.
- STAFF HEALTH SCREENING: Expect to provide proof and/or attestation of a negative PCR COVID-19 test dated no more than 72 hours prior to the event(s) you will be attending or alternatively proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination. Staff health screening at event venues to include symptom/temperature checks, presentation of a cleared SymCheck™ QR Code, rapid result viral testing may be utilized as needed/required. Proper use of masks and gloves shall be required, and a strictly enforced, no tolerance, refusal of entry policy for those presenting symptoms or a positive rapid test result. Anyone presenting symptoms on arrival or testing positive will be denied entry. All staff will be required to present a negative RT-PCR test dated no earlier than 3 days prior to first on-site shift.
- FIU STUDENT HEALTH SCREENING: Expect to provide proof and/or attestation of a negative PCR COVID-19 test dated no more than 72 hours prior to the event(s) you will be attending or alternatively proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination. FIU student volunteers will be fully monitored, required to participate in surveillance testing, required to complete daily health screenings and adhere to all health and safety rules, requirements, and in-place event protocols. Guidelines will be included at the time of the test to remain vigilant to safeguards leading up to the event. As an additional layer of safety, rapid, viral testing may be utilized as needed/required. Masks, face shields and gloves are required to be worn, and a strictly enforced, no tolerance, refusal of entry policy for those presenting symptoms or a positive rapid test result. A positive COVID-19 test shall result in immediate removal. Immediate notification of a positive test shall be sent to Festival partner SymCheck™. SymCheck™ will provide an immediate report containing the contact info of all persons checked into the same location as the positive guest or staff. This report shall be provided to any governing body that requires this info. If applicable, Festival staff will be available to assist with notifying individuals that may have been exposed. A positive test resulting from surveillance testing will require the student to immediately quarantine according to CDC guidelines.
- GUEST HEALTH SCREENING: Expect to provide proof and/or attestation of a negative PCR COVID-19 test dated no more than 72 hours prior to the event(s) you will be attending or alternatively proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination. Guest health screening at event venues will include symptom/temperature checks, presentation of a cleared SymCheck™ QR Code, and a strictly enforced, no tolerance, refusal of entry policy for those presenting symptoms. Anyone presenting symptoms on arrival will be denied entry.
- PPE: PPE will be required for all. Mask requirements during event operations will comply with official restaurant guidance and best practices, per County guidelines (on pages 36-38). Strict enforcement of PPE rules and regulations per CDC guidelines will be implemented by Festival staff, venue staff, event managers and Festival Marshals. Gloves will be required for all staff and face shields for service staff will be used as needed. Face shields and masks will be required for all FIU volunteers. Disposable face masks will be provided by the Festival and anyone arriving with an improper mask shall be required to wear the Festival provided mask. If a mask inadvertently becomes wet, a new disposable face mask will be provided immediately.
- ARRIVAL AND ENTRY: Increased venue arrival/entry locations will be utilized to reduce gathering and crowd mass. Maximum capacity of the venue will be 50% or less, following County guidelines.
- TRAFFIC FLOW: One-way venue flow lanes with on-site marshals directing flow routes to facilitate balanced audience movement and spacing will be employed. Signage will be abundant and directional language will be included in both English and Spanish.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Social distancing as officially recommended by County Guidelines will be enforced and required at all times. Strict social distancing will be strongly encouraged with repetitive official messaging and exampling. On-site staff and marshals will be roving to continuously message the mask and proper social distancing mandate.
- SEATING AREAS: SOBEWFF® will provide an increased amount of dedicated guest seating areas. Tables and seats in the dedicated seating areas shall adhere to 6’ separation of tables and will be limited to a max of 6 people per table. Only members of a single household shall be permitted to be seated together. Masks may be removed only when eating and drinking.
- HIGH TOUCH SURFACES: Sanitizing and disinfecting of surfaces, contact points and guest areas shall be ongoing during operational hours. Sanitizing materials and products will be EPA and CDC approved for applicable uses.
- VENUE SANITIZING: Complete venue sanitizing will be conducted in between sessions and at the opening and closing of each period of Sanitizing will be in accordance with County Guidelines (on page 54) and will utilize cleaning products recommended by the CDC.
- HAND SANITIZING: Abundant hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout event venues. Individual bottles of hand sanitizers will be provided for each Festival Hand sanitizer will contain a minimum of 60% alcohol content as recommended by the CDC.
- DISPOSABLES: Single use, sealed disposable utensils, food serving materials, vessels, beverage containers, and personal clean up products will be used at event venues.
- SAMPLING: No shared, family-style, buffet or large format food service displays will be permitted.
- PREMIUMS: All Festival-approved sponsor/partner-branded premiums, giveaways and materials must be individually wrapped and distributed to guests by a gloved staff member or sponsor representative. CDC guidelines regarding glove use shall be enforced.
- DIVIDERS: Acrylic or plexiglass dividers will be installed where required, including at host talent activations/stations.
- MEET & GREETS: All Meet & Greets for participating chefs and hosts shall be prohibited. No personal “meet and greets” with the audience or physical interaction of any kind.
- RESTROOMS: Fully attended and supervised restrooms will be placed at all Sanitation will be conducted according to County Guidelines (Pages 51 and 54), CDC Guidelines and will take place a minimum of every 2 hours.
- SPATIAL DISTANCING: Increased physical spacing/distancing between all sponsor, exhibitor, supplier, restaurant/chef and partner activations will be implemented at all event venues and shall be maintained at a minimum of 6’ apart and shall conform to County Guidelines.
- SIGNAGE: Event signage and messaging will be heavy and aggressive. Health and safety rules, requirements, proper mask wearing, removal and disposal instructions and hand washing /sanitizing guidelines will be posted frequently in all high-visibility event areas. Directional signage will be abundant and obvious and shall be produced in both English and Spanish.
- REFUSE: Refuse and dedicated containers will be clearly marked and marshalled for proper disposal of used PPE. This waste will be treated as “Hazardous” and will be removed and disposed of according to County Guidelines (on pages 6 and 54).
- STRUCTURES: Enclosed temporary structures will be conditioned with hospital-grade negative air scrubbers and air management systems.
For full Festival Terms & Conditions, please click HERE.