HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS AT SOBEWFF®
These regulations, policies, and protocols will be continually updated and revised in accordance with on-going public health information and official guidance from the the CDC, State of Florida Department of Health, Miami-Dade County, City of Miami Beach, Florida International University and FIU Health.
THE BELOW SOBEWFF® COVID-19 GUIDELINES WILL BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO AT ALL EVENTS TO MINIMIZE TRANSMISSION RISK TO ALL ATTENDEES, CHEFS, STAFF AND STUDENTS.
- EVENT LOCATIONS: SOBEWFF® events will take place in as many outdoor and/or outdoor-rated event venues as possible. The Festival Wine Seminar Series is the only event slated to take place indoors.
- CAPACITIES will be reduced at all events and venues to allow for 50% or less of venue capacity per current County Guidelines—custom to each venue. All capacities will be venue driven and will comply with host hotel, restaurant or outdoor venue capacities; following County Guidelines.
- REGISTRATION and the arrival experience at all event venues will be as contactless as possible. Digital ticket scanning will be utilized at all events. PPE distribution will vary per event/venue and on-site registration teams, including FIU student volunteers will wear masks and gloves while performing scanning duties. Scanning equipment will be sanitized regularly according to CDC Disinfection Guidelines.
- FIU STUDENT HEALTH SCREENING: – In accordance with Florida International University Event Protocols, the South Beach Wine & Food Festival (SOBEWFF®) and the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management will allow FIU students to volunteer to work these in-person events in an effort to earn scholarship dollars and gain valuable hands-on training in the hospitality industry. SOBEWFF® (Festival) events provide FIU students with real-world experience with coordinating and executing high-end luxury events. FIU student volunteers will be fully monitored, required to complete daily health screenings through SymCheck and adhere to all health and safety rules, requirements, and in-place event protocols. Attestation of either a negative COVID-19 test 72 hours prior to the event or completed vaccination will be required. Students will be asked to remain vigilant to safeguards leading up to the event. As an additional layer of safety, expedited rapid testing may be utilized as needed/required. Masks are required and a strictly enforced, refusal of entry policy for those presenting symptoms or failed SymCheck screening. SymCheck will provide an immediate report to designated Festival staff containing the contact information of all persons that failed the screening process. This report shall be provided to the FIU COVID Response Team. The FIU COVID Response Team will follow the same protocols in place for students, faculty and staff that fail the P3 screening process.
- STAFF HEALTH SCREENING at event venues will include symptom/temperature checks, attestation of either a negative COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to the event or completed vaccination and presentation of a cleared SymCheck™ QR Code (third party COVID-19 screening application). Proper use of masks and gloves shall be required, and a strictly enforced, refusal of entry policy for those presenting symptoms or failing SymCheck™.
- GUEST HEALTH SCREENING at event venues will include symptom/temperature checks, attestation of either a negative COVID-19 test no more than 72 hours prior to the event or completed vaccination and presentation of a cleared SymCheck™ QR Code. Anyone presenting symptoms on arrival will be denied entry.
- CANINE DETECTION SCREENING will be employed at entry/arrival locations at select venues. Guests who trigger a positive response from the working canine teams will be removed from entry queue and offered the opportunity to rapid test. At a minimum, a positive canine response will result in delayed entry to the event – pending negative rapid test result for admittance.
- PPE: PPE will be required for all. Mask requirements during event operations will comply with official restaurant guidance and best practices, per County Guidelines (on pages 36-38). Enforcement of PPE rules and regulations per CDC Guidelines will be implemented by Festival staff, venue staff, event managers and Festival Marshals. Gloves will be required for all service staff and FIU volunteers. The Festival will provide disposable masks to anyone arriving with an improper mask. If a mask inadvertently becomes wet or unusable, a new disposable mask will be provided.
- ARRIVAL AND ENTRY: Increased venue arrival/entry locations will be utilized to reduce gathering and crowd mass. Maximum capacity of the venue will follow County Guidelines.
- TRAFFIC FLOW: Venue flow lanes at select venues with on-site marshals directing routes to facilitate balanced audience movement and spacing will be employed. Signage will be abundant and directional language will be included.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Everyone will be encouraged to avoid close contact with others not in their same group. Guest regulated, social distancing as officially recommended by County Guidelines will be encouraged with abundant messaging. On-site staff and marshals will be roving to continuously message the “masks up” and “avoid close contact” guidance.
- SEATING AREAS: Venues will include an increased amount of dedicated guest seating areas. Tables and seats in dedicated seating areas will have increased separation. Masks may be removed when eating and drinking.
- HIGH TOUCH SURFACES: Sanitizing and disinfecting of surfaces, contact points and guest areas shall be continuous during operational hours. Sanitizing materials and products will be EPA and CDC approved for applicable uses.
- VENUE SANITIZING: Complete venue sanitizing will be conducted in between sessions and at the opening and closing of each period of operation. Sanitizing will be in accordance with County Guidelines (on page 54) and will utilize cleaning products recommended by the CDC.
- HAND SANITIZING: Abundant hand sanitizing stations will be located throughout event venues. Individual hand sanitizers packets will be provided for each Festival guest. Hand sanitizer will contain a minimum of 60% alcohol content as recommended by the CDC.
- DISPOSABLES: Single use, disposable utensils, food serving materials, vessels, beverage containers, and personal clean up products will be used at event venues.
- SAMPLING: No shared, family-style, buffet or large format food service displays will be permitted.
- PREMIUMS: All Festival-approved sponsor/partner-branded premiums, giveaways and materials must be individually wrapped and distributed to guests by a gloved staff member or sponsor representative.
- DIVIDERS: Acrylic or Plexiglas dividers will be installed where required, including at host talent activations/stations.
- MEET & GREETS: for Festival participating chefs and host talent shall be prohibited. No personal meet and greets with the audience or physical interaction allowed.
- RESTROOMS: Fully attended and supervised restrooms will be placed at all outdoor locations. Sanitation will be conducted according to County Guidelines (pages 51 and 54) and CDC Guidelines and will take place a minimum of every 2 hours.
- SPATIAL DISTANCING: Increased physical spacing/distancing between all sponsor, exhibitor, supplier, restaurant/chef and partner activations will be implemented at all event venues and shall conform to County Guidelines.
- SIGNAGE: Event signage and messaging will be abundant. Health and safety rules, requirements, proper mask wearing, disposal instructions and hand washing /sanitizing guidelines will be posted frequently in all high-visibility event areas. Directional signage will be abundant and obvious.
TERMS & CONDITIONS – All ticket purchasers shall be required to opt into acknowledging adherence to Festival COVID-19 Guidelines before ticket purchase is complete. Terms & Conditions and Disclaimer language will be included on all credentials, tickets and on signage displayed at all events. This language shall be displayed in both English and Spanish.
For full Festival Terms & Conditions, please click HERE.